1 min read
The Galway solution was delivered under a framework agreement with Ireland’s Health Service Executive (HSE) for an outpatient self-registration system. Savience’s place was due to its track record, technical capability and value for money.
The particular contract was awarded following a mini-tender for eight hospitals and ranks as one of Savience’s largest single deals. It includes Check-in, Clarity and Clarion modules, with system integration achieved through a mixture of HL7 and scripting.
The overall objectives outlined in the framework agreement were:
- To improve the patient experience by eliminating queuing for registration, reducing overcrowding, and providing estimates of waiting time
- That overcrowding in waiting rooms be reduced, so increasing patient comfort and improving Health & Safety
- That providing a display of waiting times will increase patient satisfaction as it will allow patients, for example, to take a meal or comfort break without the risk of missing their appointment
- That the proposed system will provide real-time information on outpatient department attendance allowing business managers to make informed decisions regarding resource allocation
- Data quality will be improved due to patient self-correction
- It will provide management and staff with the quantitative data necessary to determine if operational changes should be made in order to improve service delivery
- The introduction of the system will enhance the image, perception and reputation of hospitals.
Savience in action
Check out some of our resources below to find out more about Savience